Council Area – Mid Ulster District Council
Clogher is a village in the centre of the Clogher Valley lying beside the River Blackwater. It has been a religious centre since the time of St. Patrick. St. Aedh Mac Cairthinn of Clogher (c. 430–505 AD), an early disciple and companion of St Patrick, founded a monastery at the site which was later recognised as an Episcopal See. The Cathedral Church there of Saint Macartan is now one of two cathedrals of the Church of Ireland diocese of Clogher; the other is at Enniskillen.
The village at one time had its own railway station, on the narrow gauge Clogher Valley Railway Line. It was opened on 2nd May 1887 and closed on 1st January 1942.