Clogher Cathedral – St Macartan’s (COI)
St Macartan’s Cathedral is situated in the small town of Clogher. This is a site of some antiquity and there has been a graveyard here from the beginning of the 6th century. A cathedral was built on this site in the late 13th century. In 1622, the original cathedral was described as “altogether ruinated”, and the present cathedral was built in 1744 by Bishop John Stearne. For the last 400 years, the graveyard has been used by both Protestant and Catholics, and in 1786 it was enlarged to its present two acres.
Address: St Macartan’s Cathedral, Main Street, Clogher, BT76 0AA