Killylea Railway Station

Location: Killylea

The railway station was located about half a mile from the village.  The old stile, original signal arm and signal box still remain.  The station was opened in 1858 by the Ulster Railway before this became part of the Great Northern Railway in 1876.  It played a vital role in the life of the community by providing access to the surrounding area and the possibility of cheap excursions to Belfast and Dublin.  The railway was forced to close in 1957.

Back