Lower and Upper Clonaneese
In the mid 1700s a Meeting House was erected on the site of what is now known as Lower Clonaneese Church. However, in 1788 some of the members disputed the proposed move to a new site on higher ground some half a mile distant. The majority of the congregation moved to the present site of what is now named “Upper Clonaneese”. The two congregations remained separate until the early part of the 20th century when they reunited under the ministry of the Rev. Thomas Bole. The Rev. James Kinnear was minister of Lower Clonaneese, 1811 – 1862. His son Dr John Kinnear became the first Presbyterian clergy man to be elected as Westminster Member of Parliament for County Donegal in the late 1800s.
Address: Clontyclevin Road, Dungannon BT70 1SEBack