Middletown Fever Hospital

Location: Middletown

The Fever Hospital was established by the Sterne Trustees at a cost of £500 in 1832.  It contained 4 wards with accommodation for 16 patients.  Later a dispensary and surgeon’s house were erected in 1835 and both proved of invaluable assistance during the famine.

The buildings were later used as a police station, sergeant’s house and school house before being converted to its current use as a private residence.

Back